Dubai is popular around the globe for its spectacular theme parks and resorts. Here are a few theme parks due to open soon.
IMG World of Adventures
Owner: Ilyas & Mustafa Galadari Group
Opening date: August 31, 2016
Size: More than 1.5m sq. feet
What to expect: The park will have four themes, also called ‘Epic Zones’:
- Cartoon Network: It is based on original Cartoon Network characters and will have the world’s largest Ben 10 store and first 5D Ben 10 cinema on the globe.
- Marvel: Apart from having Marvel’s iconic characters, the zone will house a 3D based-media attraction, Avengers: Battle of Ultron.
- IMG Boulevard: This is the welcome area of park, offering thrilling and fun-filled experiences to adventure seekers of all ages.
- Lost Valley: This area houses a dinosaur adventure theme and will include roller coasters and animatronic dinosaurs.
Dubai Parks & Resorts
Owner: Dubai Parks & Resorts
Opening date: October 2016
Location: Jebel Ali
Size: 9.3m sq. feet
What to expect: The theme park and resort will have six main theme parks.
- Legoland Dubai: This theme park features Legoland Water Park with 40 attractions, Lapita Hotel to provide visitors with world class experience and Riverland Dubai – retail, dining and entertainment walkway.
- Bollywood Parks Dubai: The air of the theme park is to attract the Indian tourism market to Dubai. It will be the world’s first Bollywood theme park with theater and Bollywood-style spectaculars.
- Motiongate Dubai: It will feature five themed zones with entertainment from Sony Pictures Studio, Dreamworks Animation and Lionsgate.
Fox world theme park and resort
Owner: Al Ahli Holding Group
Opening date: 2018
Location: Dubai Outlet Mall site
Size: 4m sq. feet
Expected Visitors: 5 million per annum
What to expect: The highlights of 20th Century Fox World are:
- Theme Park: It will have attractions and lands based on The Simpsons, Sons of Anarchy, Night at the Museum, Ice Age, Rio, Predators, Apes and Planet of the Apes.
- Resort hotel: It will house the world’s first ever Fox-themed resort hotel with an initial capacity of at least 200 rooms.
- Shop and dine: To offer exquisite shopping and dining experience to the visitors, they will be themed based on Fox properties.
- Rides: The theme world will house a mix of media-based dark rides and thrill rides, introducing them to new stories based upon Fox television shows and films.
Latest posts by Amna Akram (see all)
- Saving 25% of everything can help you survive challenging financial conditions - December 8, 2016
- ADX’s digital services complement Abu Dhabi Vision - December 8, 2016
- UAE to establish Federal Tax Authority - December 8, 2016